Air Duct Cleaning Charlotte NC – Dirty Air Ducts Are Costing You Money & Health
5 benefits of regular cleaning and servicing of your heating and cooling system and your air ducts in Charlotte NC:
1. Savings. The US Environmental Protection Agency estimates that removing even four-tenths of an inch of dust from cooling system coils will reduce energy usage by up to twenty one percent. This can save you considerable money on your utility bill.
2. System durability. Estimate are that nine out of ten central heating and air conditioning systems fail or breakdown because a proper maintenance routine was not performed. Replacement parts and labor for heating or cooling system can be very expensive and total replacement costs thousands.
3. Your home's air quality. Many people consider air duct cleaning essential to maintaining healthy indoor air. Dust, allergens (pollen, pet dander) and toxins (mold, mildew, rodent droppings) are commonly found in air ducts. If air vents are not cleaned regularly these particles can be released into your house. Even if family members do not have allergies many of these particles have the potential to cause severe illness.
4. Allergies. If family members have allergies, air duct cleaning is often required to provide a healthy environment for allergy sufferers. Air vent cleaning can significantly reduce the amount of allergens in a home.
5. Remove odors. A musty odor in your home can mean that dust, mold or mildew may be present in the air ducts that no amount of air fresheners or candles will eliminate. Air duct cleaning will eliminate the smell almost completely.
In addition to regular cleaning, it is recommended that you consider having your air vents professionally cleaned after any of the following events: water entering your ducts (leaking water pipe, leaky roof, faulty condensation management by your air conditioner), a flood (in your home or in your town), a fire nearby, mold was found during servicing of your heating or air conditioning system, rodents or insects are known to have been in the ducts, major home remodeling, moving into a new home.